• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Remove from Inventory

pilgrim

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would really like it if when this option is selected, if any item is not in stock then the process should fail with an error message and no items be removed from the inventory. This would then give the brewer the opportunity to update the inventory and try again. Once this function is succcessful the button should be disabled. I have on occassion removed the ingredients from the inventory more than once for the same recipe.
Thanks.
p.s. Looking forward to V2 and hoping this has been fixed there.

I agree. That same issue occured over and over with version 1.4 for me. too many brain farts when putting a recipoe together. Most of the time I just selected the wrong brand of a grain that wasn't in my inventory, ie wiermann instead of briess. Would be much more user friendly if I had the choice not to remove any if there was an inventory conflict.

Hi,
  I thought I added this in V2.0 - it now shows the items not found and also lets you cancel if it does not find matches for everything.

Brad

I found the message "Would you like to continue removing items that were found?" was confusing because it implies that some items may have already been removed.  That did not make me feel confident that BS was doing what I wanted.  I would have it say, "Would you still like to remove the items that were found?"  And then, OF COURSE, the missing items should automatically be added to the shopping list.  Or, provide a button in that same dialog box to "Add missing items to shopping list"

And consider saying "subtract from inventory" or "reduce inventory by" instead of "remove from inventory".

Back