• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No-sparge calculation

mgbridges

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a low-gravity Pale Ale recipe (targetting an OG around 1.035) and I think it would be a good candidate to try out No-Sparge brewing. Can anyone give me some guidance on how to setup BeerSmith to do No-sparge? All the mash steps seem to automatically include a sparge.

Cheers,

Martin

Determine how much you need in your boil pot and hope your mash tun holds it all with the grains. You will need to make a custom mash proifile. The amount of water that goes into the mash tun is the the amount of water the madsh tun will hold with your grain bill minus the water you want to use for your mash out step. You should mash out so you heat the grains and stoip the enzymatic action. then drain to your boil pot and fill to the desired level . I use 7 gallons of wort for a 1 hour boild to end with 5.25 gallons. Does this help.

Back