• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

mini kegs

rustykeg

Apprentice
Reaction score
I purchased 4 mini kegs and I am wanting to do an Octoberfest. Is it better to force carb it first and then transfer it to the mini kegs or naturally carb it?.In either case which way would store longer and how long does the mini"s keep it.
Thx

I am not sure what is meant by "mini kegs" are they just 2 1/2 gallons? Help me understand

It won't do any good to force carbonate it and then transfer it unless you can transfer it under pressure.  I think I'd just put it in the mini kegs and then carbonate.

mini kegs a 1.4 gal kegs available from midwest brewing. I agree and will just carbonate in the keg and see how it turns out.
Thanks

You need to carbonate the beer before transferring to the min keg.  The mini kegs, using the special tap system, do not have the ability to carbonate in them.  It would be possible to drill a hold and install a ball lock post and carbonate it that way but they were not designed that way.  I assume you have their cartridge and tap system.  The CO2 cartridge is only for pushing the beer out.  My experience is they only need 1/2 a second burst to maintain pouring pressure.

Back