• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

display both Metric and Imperial

selivem

Apprentice
Reaction score
Would it be possible to display the weight units together in both systems.  It would be useful for many of us foreigners, who read recipes in Imperial but are weighing ingredients in Metric.

For example if I wanted to make an IPA I would search recipes written in pounds of grain and ounces of hops. These are also the units I would use to share the recipes with other people. But when it comes to prepare the ingredients I always measure them in grams because this is what I'm most familiar with and also because the scales we use are expressed in grams.

Ideally I'd love to see on the grids and the reports something like:

Ingredients:
------------
Amount                       Item                                             Type         % or IBU      
10.00 lb (4535.92 gm)    Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)            Grain        91.74 %      
0.60 lb (272.16 gm)     Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM)     Grain        5.50 %        
0.30 lb (136.08 gm)     Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM)     Grain        2.75 %        
0.40 oz (11.34 gm)      Northern Brewer [10.00 %]  (60 min)       Hops         13.8 IBU      
1.00 oz (28.35 gm)      Simcoe [12.00 %]  (15 min)                Hops         20.6 IBU  

Today to prepare a recipe I have to print them twice, once per unit system. With this change I'm sure we will save many forests.

Back