• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Question on BeerSmith 2.0 for Mac

mchrispen

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, first thanks for such a great program. I purchased from Austin HomeBrew and it has fundamentally changed my brewing. I have switched from extract steeping to doing a true partial mash, largely from curiosity and research due to the conversion options in 1.4. The results have been a major leap forward in the quality of my small batches. I have purchased the upgrade, as well as your digital book. Good stuff. The only bad part is now I am jonesing to get into full grain all the way... and have some spending to do. :)

I currently use a Mac laptop and intend to use the Mac version. Is there a way to import recipes, etc. from my Windows desktop onto my Mac laptop?

I have another question that I will PM directly...

Thanks, Matt

Matt,
  Yes you can import BeerSmith 1.x files directly into the Mac version.  It will read and write the files.  Use the Export command in your existing copy to export your recipes (or other views such as equipment) as BSM files, copy them over to your Mac and import them within BeerSmith 2.0.

Brad

Back