• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

pelican IPA

cally88

Apprentice
Reaction score
anyone have a good clone for pelican IPA pacific city, OR.  Thanks in advance :)

Their beer page has a lot of information to build a recipe from.  http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/pelican/beer/india-pelican-ale

Email the brewer he might fill in the blanks.  My guess is 85 - 90% pale, split the remaining with crystal 20 and 80.  Magnum for bittering. Centennial for 30 and 15 minute hops.  Cascades for flame out and both cascades and centennial for dry hops.  Pure local water might be hard.  I'd go with WPL001 yeast.

My wife and I thank you very much!  I tried to email the brewer years ago but never got a response, I thought I heard him laughing at me from a hundred miles away... :)  I think I will try your idea, and perhaps send off another e-mail.  Thanks!

You're not going to get much, if even a response, out of Darron. Whatever details are on his web page and researching other Homebrewers Pelican clone attempts is about as good as you're going to get.

Back