• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2.0 recipe importing

bferullo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Will there be a tutorial on how to import your old Beersmith recipes into the new version?  Will this be done automatically with the upgrade?  Just wondering because I always seem to mess things up when i do an import. 

Looking forward to 2.0.

Brian

Brian,
  There is an import wizard on the PC side that will look for an existing BeerSmith install and allow you to import your recipes, equipment profiles and inventory.  If you have added custom items to inventory, it might not match those and you may need to move them manually.

For the Mac (and those who prefer to move things over selectively) you can export any of your BeerSmith 1 files to a BSM file and the open that file in BeerSmith 2, and selectively copy/paste any items you want into your recipes view or any of the other ingredient databases.

I'm working on a video to cover both cases.

Brad

Back