• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How about an integrated recipe exchange?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
 I've been thinking over the idea of integrating the recipe exchange at beersmith.com fully with the BeerSmith program.

Ideally it would make it very easy to submit your recipes to the online recipe exchange directly from within the program.  Also BeerSmith would be able to view and download online recipes from within the program.

You would need some kind of internet connection (obviously) but I think it would be possible to run even over a dial up as I would only be downloading the indexes.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Brad

Brad,

I'm an electronics instructor and my philosophy is that I give all the info i can to the students and the students use all they need to learn...Go for it!!

I like this idea. Would you browse the recipe list from the main window within beersmith?

Later,
Lee

I like this idea. Would you browse the recipe list from the main window within beersmith?

That is certainly my intent - you would be able to browse the recipes from the main window (it would download some kind of index) and then when you double click on a recipe it would download and open it.  You could also submit recipes to the exchange from within the program.

This is the concept - the challenge is making it all work easily (and also for a potentially large database of recipes).

Brad

I asume you can select what you want to upload and what you would like to keep private?

Yes,
 You would have to "upload" any recipes you want to share to the exchange, probably via a simple command.  It would certainly not upload any recipes by itself.

Cheers!
Brad

Back