• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2 Launch! (sorry about the temporary outage)

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  We launched BeerSmith 2 today which is a major milestone! - the quickest way to download it is from our temporary download server here:

http://www.beersmith1.com

During the launch I did experience a web outage for about 2-1/2 hours primarily due to excessive traffic.  I did try to prevent this by setting up the alternate server on my web host but (due to bad luck) the alternate server decided to have hardware problems over the last 24 hours, ruining my carefully laid plans.

For the moment things are back up and running - I do apologize for the outage.

Brad

It looks like bith servers are down. I get an error on both of them. This is the error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@beersmith1.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks,
  Apparently the backup server (a cloud server no less) on my web host has been having intermittant hardware problems which are completely unrelated to the launch - just bad luck.

I'm adjusted the links - at least one of the two server mirrors should work now.  I submitted a trouble ticket for the other.

Brad

Beersmith1.com didn't work for me but the other did!

Great looking program there Brad, well done!

brewed with 2.0 today and it is swell - once i got used to the differences I must say it's a sweet upgrade!  much more user friendly and I'm glad I brewed with it today to force me to get into the nuts and bolts of the program - you've got a happy customer here!  well worth the money

Congratulations Brad on all your extraordinary dedication and stamina.

I only have the smallest of software knowledge and even with this understand the massive complexity and thousands of problems you must have had to solve. I haven't found a major bug yet that has worried me and as usual, you'll fix these over time.

I'm really enjoying taking my time to explore and study the program to see how it actually works. The 'transparency' of the program is way ahead of BeerSmith1 so it is much easier to be an 'aware' user rather than a blind one if that makes sense. I can see a few things I'll have to really study but that will simply take a little time.

Also finding heaps of new features, possibilities and capabilities as I explore. Love the interface!

I hope you had a beer to toast the occasion  :D
Pat

Thanks to all - so far a few issues that need cleaning up in the first patch, but overall I think most people are very happy with the new version.

At last I can sleep...hope to see many of you at the AHA conference this Wednesday in San Diego though!

Brad

Back