• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Disk Image won't mount

crabbey

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Mac running 10.6.7. I downloaded Beersmith2.dmg from server2 (server1 only returned a 0 byte php file).

On trying to mount the dmg, I get a error:

Warning

The following disk images couldn't be opened:

Beersmith2.dmg

Reason
not recognised

I've relaunched Finder, redownloaded, and same result.

Thanks
Nathan

I am getting the same result.
"The following disk images couldn't be opened"
Image                   Reason
Beersmith2.dmg    not recognized

I am also running 10.6.7 and also downloaded from server2. server1 would not work.

Thanks,
Jason

I was just able to download from server1 and I was able to run that .dmg file and it looks good.    Must be a corrupt image on the server2 mirror site. 

Hi,
If you don't get a complete image from one server, please try the other - the image should be approximately 11 MB in size.

Unfortunately my web service had some hardware problems today (unrelated to the launch) which complicated things quite a bit during the launch.  To be fair, its only the second time in 10 years I've had outages with them, but it had to happen on launch day!

Brad

I'm having this issue with the file from both servers.  I was able to mount it once, but when I opened it I received the error message "application not supported on this architecture"  I'm running 10.5.8.  I'm pretty new to macs, I don't really know what I'm doing.  Should I just upgrade my OS and try again?

I'm running 10.6.7 and downloaded from Server 1 yesterday.  It mounted and ran just fine. It's was a 11.7 meg file.

I have a hackintosh.  I dragged the dmg file to my desktop then double clicked it which seemed to mount the installer and which is weird compared to a PC but I dragged the beer glass to the applications folder.  I kicked it off from there and it all just worked great. 

jh_homebrew said:
I am getting the same result.
"The following disk images couldn't be opened"
Image                   Reason
Beersmith2.dmg    not recognized

I am also running 10.6.7 and also downloaded from server2. server1 would not work.

I am having the same issue. I'm downloading from Server 1 (11.7 mb) file. I tried downloading from Server 2, but it times out.

Ditto.  Cannot get file from server 2 to download.  Does anyone have a mirror of the good file?

All,
  I'm still befuddled by this issue as the compressed DMG file was created using the standard disk tool on my Mac.  When I download the compressed file on my Mac it works fine.

However, I just ran a test with the uncompressed DMG file with another user who was having this problem and he was able to download and install the "uncompressed DMG" file of the same build.

So I've just posted on the download page a link to the "uncompressed DMG" file just below the other download links. If you can't open the DMG file, please try the uncompressed one.

Brad

Brad -

Not sure why, but the uncompressed file worked perfectly for me. Thanks for your help!

crabbey said:
Hi,

I have a Mac running 10.6.7. I downloaded Beersmith2.dmg from server2 (server1 only returned a 0 byte php file).

On trying to mount the dmg, I get a error:

Warning

The following disk images couldn't be opened:

Beersmith2.dmg

Reason
not recognised

I've relaunched Finder, redownloaded, and same result.

Thanks
Nathan

Try this out..

Open that image file with the help of Finder. From the pop up menu that appears afterwards, select open with followed by selecting Diskimagemounter. After this select change all option. May this helps you..

However, if the same issue crops up again, it means the file is either corrupt or has not been downloaded correctly, don't exactly know why. If this is the condition, you are supposed to download the Beersmith2.dmg again.

source: http://filerecoverymac.biz

Back