• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing my Recipes From V 1.4

johnnybob

Apprentice
Reaction score
I imported my recipes from the old Beersmith version to the new. Worked fine but looking at the recipes the order of ingredients are all scrambled. I like to have the ingredient list in order ie: 1st, grain, 2nd, hops & addition time, 3rd, yeast. Anyone know how I can put the ingredient lists back in the order in which they were originally written short of re-typing everything? Thanks for any help.

Windows tip.

Click on the "Type" heading above the ingredient type ie:grain, extract, hops, yeast,etc. A blue arrowhead will appear in the "Type" heading box which will allow you to sort the column in ascending or descending order. If sorted in ascending order, arrow up, the ingredients will be sorted as before.
This sort procedure also works on other column headings found in items under Recipes, View, Profiles and Ingredients. May also be others you'll find as you use the program.

To widen a column to the width of the largest item in the column just double click on the vertical line in the heading area that separate two headings cells. A double arrow will appear when you have selected the correct area. You can also click and drag to any width by using the selection procedure.

Works like a champ. Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to playing with this today. I really like the looks of it! :D

Back