• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS2 forgets I already activated

ipscman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Using XP with all latest MS updates.

I enter activation. It says I'm activated but when I reboot, it has me start this process all over again. Doesn't seem to hold the activation.

Gone through process 3 times.

???

Does it forget the actual activation, or is it just the initial welcome screen that comes up (it does look somewhat like the activation screen).  If you uncheck the box on the initial activation screen at the bottom left it won't show the next time.

If that's not it, I'm sure the fix will be out shortly.

Thanks for responding.

The screen that comes up says, "This copy of BeerSmith has not yet been activated and is running in trial mode."  I then have one of three options:

1. Activate
2. Purchase
3. Continue in Trial mode.

This may be why my importing from version 1.4 crashes??? I'm never getting into the activated version.

Hi,
  This is odd - but I would check the permissions on your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory - since that is where the program stores your activation key.  You obviously need write permissions to this directory for it to store the data.

This is typically "My Documents/BeerSmith2" under XP - but depending on your configuration it could be somewhere else or be unable to create that directory in which case you will have problems storing data and the activation key.

Brad

I saw something similar with an install today.

I installed the release version, entered in my serial number which was accepted.  Then I immediately changed the Documents directory which requires a restart of BS2.  When I started BS2 it said it wasn't activated so I had to do that again.  I then closed and re-started BS2 again to see if it took and it had.  So it is fine now.  But there does appear to be something going on.

Thanks Brad. Resetting permissions was the trick.

However, still crashes when trying to import from prior version. Starts the process and half-way through the bar, it crashes every time.

???

Back