• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MDI and Docking

nephinj

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there no docking manager as part of the MDI?
I was hoping I would be able to take a tab and drag/dock it so I can do side by side comparisons of recipes but I don't see a way of doing it.

Hi,
  No but you can open a recipe in a separate window by either holding down the shift key when you open it or right clicking and selecting the option to display it in a new window.  I think this should work well for side-by-side comparisons.

Brad

Brad, haven't played with it extensively, but will the popped out windows retain their size AND position?  For example, I resized and repositioned the "edit in new window" window, and when I restarted BS2 and reopened recipe window it did not retained the size or position.  I put the other windows in other monitors and it would be great if BS2 remembered those preferences.  In the software I used to work on, we ended up writing a class to handle saving and restoring child window positions.  Worked great.  Email me if you have questions.

Back