• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New MISC items don't show up in Inventory

willowthedog

Apprentice
Reaction score
If I add a custom item to the "Miscellaneous" ingredients section, it will not show up in the Inventory screen.  Pre-loaded miscellaneous items will show in Inventory, just not new custom ones.  The same is true for any custom item you add to any ingredient category ... no way to get these new items to appear on the Inventory screen.

Thanks,
  This looks like a high priority bug - I have not been able to figure out what the problem is yet but I'll get it fixed early on.  It will probably be in the first patch.

Brad

Well after looking at this further it appears that the item is actually being added to inventory but not displaying immediately (a refresh problem).  For example if you add a new item to Misc, then add that item to inventory it will not be displayed.

Now if you close the inventory view and then reopen it - it is displayed.

Another crazy observation is that if I add a bunch of stuff to my ingredients, then close BeerSmith, then reopen it and play with the inventory they seem to show up fine now.

So the workaround for now is:
  - create your new ingredients
  - close beersmith
  - open it and have fun with your inventory

Again - I'll get to the bottom of this and fix it in an early patch.

Brad

I'm also working a high priority patch for this which I hope to get to the beta testers tonight and release next week after the AHA conference.

Brad

Back