• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error message

HomeHopGuy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have downloaded the BeerSmith 2 trial version as I am new to the software.  I had downloaded the file initially from server 2 and it listed a "binary" form.  When it finished downloading the file, I tried to open the file to start it and it would say "not recognized".  I also tried downloading the same file from server 1 and got the same result.

I am using a Mac laptop with the current updated OS installed.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

Same issue here... No answers for you, but interested to see if there is a solution.

See -> http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,4613.0.html

Hi,
I've got no good answer here - it looks like some Macs don't like the compressed DMG file (which was created with the native Disk Utility built into every Mac).  I really don't know why.

However so far we've had success with the uncompressed DMG file (which is much larger) so I posted a link to that on the BeerSmith download page a short time ago.  Its just below the main download links for the Mac.

Brad

Back