• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

The BeerXML thread

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
With the addition of BeerXML support to BeerSmith 1.3, several new possibilities are now open:

http://www.beerxml.com

- DTD descriptions
 - XML Style sheets for recipe display
 - Filters that convert other recipe formats into BeerXML (for easy import!)

If you are interested in any of the above, drop me a message.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi

I have been looking into beerxml and find it interresting as I'm looking for a beerrecipe software that can export the complete recipe and brewingsteps to my automation-system.
The plan is to build or reuse a recipe in Beersmith (for now it looks like Beersmith covers what I need), export it and let the automation system import the XML so that all volumes, temperatures, times and so on can be read and be used in the automated brewingsystem
The system will log all values in a timeseries database and the xml will also be used for export to my website for displaying all beers brewed in my brewery.
I will look furter into the xml and Beersmith to verify that they together cover what I need. I really don't want to make my own system for that as well :)

//Morten, homebrewer from Norway

Back