• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dry Hopping

RJKSKI

Brewer
Reaction score
I set a recipe to dry hop for 7 days. I have an initila fermentation of 7 days with a secondary of 7 days. Work doesn't allow me to work with beer during the week. The I can find no where on when yto add the dry hop and Bsmith puts it in with hte bottling/kegging. Is this a bug? Acn anyone give some specifics on how to use dryhopping in this.

Hi,
  If you add the hops and select use as "dry hops" it will add it as a dry hop.

The dry hops are listed under "Prepare for bottling/kegging" on the brew sheet - right after the secondary fermentation.  The idea is to add them about 7 days before bottling/kegging to preserve maximum aroma.

Brad

Yes I did. When I look at the "Brew Steps" page/print out it has the 1 oz of dry hop listed under bottling and kegging ingredients. not with the secondary fermentation. This would be confusing to someone getting the printed recipe.

Back