• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

evaporation rate, yeast starter, Batch Sparge

RJKSKI

Brewer
Reaction score
Make it versatile and let the user choose evaporation rate or evaporation volume. I always do a 5.25 gallon batch. I need a % evap for rmy different boil times. The fixed boil off does me no good for my style of brewing.

Yeast starters is too complicated. I start with a slant and grow it over 3 days to 1 or 2 liters depending on the beer. I cant figure out how to get the software to acknowledge a 1 or 2 liter yeast starter and include it in the volume calculations

Batch Sparges. Simplify it. Allow the user to choose 1, 2, or 3 sparges and with or without a mash out. I always do a mashout followed by 1, 2 or 3 batch sparges (depending on grain weights) and I usualy get 80 - 83% efficiency with a standard 10 lb grain batch.

All kids of issues with the recipe print out not updating unless the recipe is closed and reopened.

Back