• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lock/Unlock Recipe

Barbarossa

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I`m missing a feature in BS2 that I use a lot in BS1.4: Lock and Unlock.
In the first versions of BS1 it didn`t exist. Than it was added and I love it.
Is it really not available in BS2 or am I just to stupid to find it?

go to options, look and feel, and click "confirm changes to an item before closing it"

Sorry - I did remove the "lock" feature as it caused some confusion in BeerSmith 1 as well.  Using the "confirm changes" button is probably your safest bet.

Brad

I have entered a recipe, then I go in and change an amount or something from the recipe design then press ok.  It does not ask me to confirm changes, even though this option is turned on in look and feel. 

Bump... I modify a recipe, press ok, but have notification to confirm changes.  Option is turned on. Why is this?

If you press OK or Cancel, I assume you actually meant to press OK or Cancel, so I don't ask you if you really want to change.

If you just close the window without pressing OK or Cancel, then it will ask you.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
If you press OK or Cancel, I assume you actually meant to press OK or Cancel, so I don't ask you if you really want to change.

If you just close the window without pressing OK or Cancel, then it will ask you.

Brad

My idea behind "Confirm changes to an item before closing it" is to _VERIFY_ before "Save and close the open item".

The lock feature on previous edition prevented us from inadvertently changing something - which I prefer. Cancel is a given but the OK does not prevent a change made in error.

I miss the lock feature too ...

I was just entering some recipes from a book and was hoping to lock them. In prior versions, I would lock the recipe as it was given to me and then copy it to another folder and use that version to make modificiations and enter details about that particular brew. Once completed I locked that finished recipe as well.

Is there any chance that the Lock could be reinstated?

There are a number of features from the old version (select recipe based on inventory, import XML recipes, and now lock)
when can we expect a patch to address some of these issues?

I just registered on the forum to say that I, too, miss the lock feature.

I use the same process as dslater:  enter it from the book or website and lock it, then make a working copy to modify.

I am unable to modify a recipe on the desktop version if it is locked.  I seem to only be able to unlock and modify it via the mobile version on my phone.  How can I unlock it on the desktop version.

Lenny

Lenny -
I'm was having the same issue... until about 3 seconds ago when it jumped out at me... There is a "Locked" checkbox to the right of Equipment; under Date and Version. Click to unlock.  They hid it right there under my nose! Sneaky so-and-so's.

Back