• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mutliple bsxtmp Errors

halucin8

Apprentice
Reaction score
Every time I click on something in Beersmith 2, I get an error. 
Sometimes when I click to close one error, I get another and another and another, then the program just closes.

4170-beersmith-2-errors002.jpg

4169-beersmith-2-errors001.jpg

Hi,
  It appears from what you describe that somehow your "Documents" directory is not pointing to a valid directory or that directory has moved or is not writable.

I would recommend using the "Change Documents Directory" on the File menu to move your doc directory to a permanent location where you can keep your files.  It should be located under your "My Documents/BeerSmith2" by default.

Brad

I'm having this issue as well.  The docs directory appears to be pointed correctly, and in fact, each time the error pops up, you can watch the file appear in the directory.  For example:

Cannot find 'file:///E://BeerSmith2/bsxtmp_10705.htm'.  Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

And then the file bsxtmp_10705.htm appears in the docs directory I specified.

What I found to be the problem on my computer was that I have a separate HD for "My Documents" and the name of the drive is "My Documents".

4186-beersmith-2-errors007.jpg

After creating a "MyDocuments/Beersmith2" folder on the root of the drive and associating the program with this folder, everything ran fine.

4187-beersmith-2-errors008.jpg

4185-beersmith-2-errors006.jpg

Hope this helps.

Hi,
  What I recommend if you run into this problem is to use the "Change Documents Directory" on the File menu to move your BeerSmith documents to a rational location.  For some reason on some computers that have their "My Documents" on a separate drive, the program is not finding the correct location to put your data - resulting in permissions errors.

Enter the program and change your Documents Directory to a "good" location such as under a Documents/BeerSmith2 directory should correct the problem.

Brad

Thanks for the advice!  'My Documents' on my system is on the root of the E drive, and I found that simply selecting the full path ('E:\BeerSmith2') instead of referencing 'My Documents' when choosing the docs directory fixed the problem. 

Back