Author Topic: Mutliple bsxtmp Errors  (Read 4684 times)

Offline halucin8

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mutliple bsxtmp Errors
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:45 AM »
Every time I click on something in Beersmith 2, I get an error. 
Sometimes when I click to close one error, I get another and another and another, then the program just closes.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Mutliple bsxtmp Errors
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
Hi,
  It appears from what you describe that somehow your "Documents" directory is not pointing to a valid directory or that directory has moved or is not writable.

I would recommend using the "Change Documents Directory" on the File menu to move your doc directory to a permanent location where you can keep your files.  It should be located under your "My Documents/BeerSmith2" by default.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline NochEineMassBitte

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:49:21 AM »
I'm having this issue as well.  The docs directory appears to be pointed correctly, and in fact, each time the error pops up, you can watch the file appear in the directory.  For example:

Cannot find 'file:///E://BeerSmith2/bsxtmp_10705.htm'.  Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

And then the file bsxtmp_10705.htm appears in the docs directory I specified.

Offline halucin8

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »

What I found to be the problem on my computer was that I have a separate HD for "My Documents" and the name of the drive is "My Documents".

After creating a "MyDocuments/Beersmith2" folder on the root of the drive and associating the program with this folder, everything ran fine.

Hope this helps.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
Hi,
  What I recommend if you run into this problem is to use the "Change Documents Directory" on the File menu to move your BeerSmith documents to a rational location.  For some reason on some computers that have their "My Documents" on a separate drive, the program is not finding the correct location to put your data - resulting in permissions errors.

Enter the program and change your Documents Directory to a "good" location such as under a Documents/BeerSmith2 directory should correct the problem.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline NochEineMassBitte

• BeerSmith New Brewer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 07:56:01 AM »
Thanks for the advice!  'My Documents' on my system is on the root of the E drive, and I found that simply selecting the full path ('E:\BeerSmith2') instead of referencing 'My Documents' when choosing the docs directory fixed the problem.