• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to use "different versions" feature?

Yeasty

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Did a search, didn't find anything about it:
Looks like we can now make multiple versions of the same recipe, but I'm not sure how to use it.
I click the versions button, to make v 1.1 for instance, and then change the recipe. Then when I go back to v 1.0 it has all the changes I just made.
How do I lock v 1.0 to make my adjustments?

Is this simply a notation, so that I can "copy" the recipe in my recipe file, change it, and then note that it's v 1.1?
If so it isn't nearly as exciting as I thought.
I've been doing that all along, just duplicating and changing the name of a recipe to "Brown #2," e.g.

I agree.. and unlike just naming a copy "Mallard Bitter II" the version number does not show up to differentiate the recipe on listings.

Hopefully this will be fleshed out over time.

Chris

I'm looking forward to this working better in the future.  For now, I'm copying the recipe, changing the version, and including version in the custom column display.

Neal

Hi,
  What I recommend is copying recipes to the brew log as you modify them.  Also you can add the version number to your main display (add it as a column using customize columns) so you can have multiple versions displayed on the recipe list.

Brad

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really, really digging the new version.
How do I copy to brew log?

Hey Yeasty,
To copy your recipe to your brew log, in your recipe folder, select the recipe you want to copy but do not open it. Now on the home tab above you should see a button named copy to log. click that and your recipe should now be in your brew log folder.

The brew log folder is created the first time you put a copy of a recipe in it by the process described above.

Back