• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Using an existing recipe as a template for a new one

Hopfrog

Brewer
Reaction score
I like to twiddle with existing recipes to create new ones.
Beersmith v1.4 had a "save as" button on the recipe page, so you could modify an existing recipe and then save it as a new recipe. Where did it go in v2?

Hi,
  I don't have it in there, but I'm going to add it back in for a future update as a lot of people have requested it the last few days.

Thanks,
Brad

Excellent! Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this fantastic piece of programming, it has made my brewing experience much more enjoyable.

yes; thank you for this new piece of software....  ;D

I too like to copy an old recipe to a new one and "adjust" the recipe after that for any refinements that need to be made w/a new version number

Its actually in the beta build I posted (build 38 open beta).  However, I expect to have the next formal build released and ready for everyone by Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Brad

In prior versions of beersmith, I used the duplicate function when creating a new recipe from another one.  I don't see it in 2, is it there somewhere?  If not whats the proper way to do this (this is a similar question to this thread so I didn't start a new one)?

Would it be possible to make that a prompt when changing an existing recipe to "Save as"?  Maybe default to a "My Recipes" folder.

Hi,
To duplicate, just do a Copy/Paste

The Save-As is actually in the beta build 38 here on the forum and will be in the update I'm releasing to everyone at the end of the week.  It prompts you for a name to save your new recipe as (much like 1.4).

Keep an eye on the web page for the update.

Brad

Back