• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mandatory scroll-down on every recipe edit...

eddthebrit

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I find it somewhat annoying that every time I open a recipe to edit it I have to scroll the page down about half an inch to see all the adjustment fields and the new sliders.  I want to be able to see all of them the instant I open a recipe.  What it comes down to is that there is too much junk in the top half of the program interface.  We need to ability to shrink or remove those huge icons on the tabs across the top - Home, View, Profiles, etc.  That would increase the size of usable desktop by about the right amount.  I'm happy with the general layout and functionality of the app, I just want the ability to gain more usable space! 

+1 there does seam to be way too much clutter there, that was on of my first impressions. Then when you sit back and have a good look a lot of it is repetition. Std windows box menu at the top, replicated on the top row of tabs, the next set of buttons down from open to options are more repletion, with more repletion on the left hand collapsible menus. I mean all this as constructive input.

Smashin

I started opening my recipes in a separate window, (hold shift when opening the recipe) and the clutter is considerably less. Although I do prefer the tabbed browsing.

Hi,
  It has been a tradeoff - a lot of the beta testers wanted more space to edit ingredients so the program would work well on larger screens, but others have small screens they need to work on.

I'm working on an option to hide the ribbon for a future release which should help reduce the clutter.  Also it may be possible for me to display a reduced ribbon.

Brad

+1 on the smaller/hidden icons.  When I use the program on my netbook, vertical screen space is limited already and not having the large icons would be a big plus.

Back