BeerSmith Software > BeerSmith 2 Questions

Problems Installing or Running the program?

(1/2) > >>

BeerSmith:
Hi,
 If you are having problems installing or running BeerSmith:

- Please download the latest installer from our download page - including those who have already ordered an activation key.

On the Macintosh:
 - If you are having trouble opening the compressed DMG file on the download page, please try the uncompressed one
 - You do need version 10.5 (Leopard) or higher on an intel platform to run
 - Open the DMG file, then drag the BeerSmith icon into the Applications folder link displayed to install
 - Run the program from your Applications folder, and click on the button to activate it if you have purchase a registration key

For Windows/PC
 - Download the PC installer from our download page
 - Run the BeerSmith2_Installer.exe to install the program
 - If you get an error under Windows XP when you run the program (SP3 recommended), please try downloading and installing
    the visual C++ runtime found here and then run it again
  - Once you have the program running, use the activate button to enter your registration key if you have purchased one

For Linux:
  - Please see this Linux FAQ.

Cheers,
Brad

NorBeerpal:
Hi.

I Installed Beersmith2 on this pc and it worked fine, since we are two that want to use Beersmith with the same recipies i put de directory on Dropbox and he also did open the files on his Mac.
But afther this i got this strange error when trying to open Beersmith

wxWidgets Debug Alert

c:\Users\Brad\Documents\Src\wx/datetime.h(1790): assert
"tm.IsValid()" failed in wxDateTime::Set(): invalid broken down
date/time

Call stack:
[00] free

Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

i push no (and my name is not Brad and i dont have any user on this pc with the name Brad)! and then i get this message

wxWidgets Debug Alert

..\..\Src\common\datetime.cpp(1335): assert "(0 < day) && (day <=
GetNumberOfDays(mount, year))" failed in wxDateTime::Set(): Invalid
date in wxDateTime::Set()

Call stack:
[00] free

Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

I have tried to reinstall delete all folders so i got a "clean" install and reinstalled it but with out sussess.
i have a win7 32bit norweigan

Cheers

BeerSmith:
Hi,
  There are three other threads on this issue but it appears to be a "leap year" problem.  I'm implementing a long term fix now and also taking a close look to make sure it won't cause any problems tomorrow.

You can press cancel to suppress the warnings and the program will run correctly.

If needed I will post a patch.

Cheers,
Brad

BeerSmith:
Hi,
  Hit the cancel button when the error comes up and it will fix itself tomorrow (once leap day ends).

See this thread...
   http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6688.0.html

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Brad

CSRabe:
I on occasion will still receive the message that "Another copy of BeerSmith is already running."   I follow the thread that walks me through the process of renaming my "Documents/BeerSmith2" Directory.  Using these steps, I've been able to copy or import my original recipes and equipment profile but not my previous inventory. 

Does anyone know where I can find the file that contains my "Inventory".  I appreciate the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version