• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems Installing or Running the program?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
If you are having problems installing or running BeerSmith:

- Please download the latest installer from our download page - including those who have already ordered an activation key.

On the Macintosh:
- If you are having trouble opening the compressed DMG file on the download page, please try the uncompressed one
- You do need version 10.5 (Leopard) or higher on an intel platform to run
- Open the DMG file, then drag the BeerSmith icon into the Applications folder link displayed to install
- Run the program from your Applications folder, and click on the button to activate it if you have purchase a registration key

For Windows/PC
- Download the PC installer from our download page
- Run the BeerSmith2_Installer.exe to install the program
- If you get an error under Windows XP when you run the program (SP3 recommended), please try downloading and installing
   the visual C++ runtime found here and then run it again
 - Once you have the program running, use the activate button to enter your registration key if you have purchased one

For Linux:
 - Please see this Linux FAQ.

Cheers,
Brad

Hi.

I Installed Beersmith2 on this pc and it worked fine, since we are two that want to use Beersmith with the same recipies i put de directory on Dropbox and he also did open the files on his Mac.
But afther this i got this strange error when trying to open Beersmith

wxWidgets Debug Alert

c:\Users\Brad\Documents\Src\wx/datetime.h(1790): assert
"tm.IsValid()" failed in wxDateTime::Set(): invalid broken down
date/time

Call stack:
[00] free

Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

i push no (and my name is not Brad and i dont have any user on this pc with the name Brad)! and then i get this message

wxWidgets Debug Alert

..\..\Src\common\datetime.cpp(1335): assert "(0 < day) && (day <=
GetNumberOfDays(mount, year))" failed in wxDateTime::Set(): Invalid
date in wxDateTime::Set()

Call stack:
[00] free

Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

I have tried to reinstall delete all folders so i got a "clean" install and reinstalled it but with out sussess.
i have a win7 32bit norweigan

Cheers

Hi,
  There are three other threads on this issue but it appears to be a "leap year" problem.  I'm implementing a long term fix now and also taking a close look to make sure it won't cause any problems tomorrow.

You can press cancel to suppress the warnings and the program will run correctly.

If needed I will post a patch.

Cheers,
Brad

Hi,
  Hit the cancel button when the error comes up and it will fix itself tomorrow (once leap day ends).

See this thread...
  http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,6688.0.html

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Brad

I on occasion will still receive the message that "Another copy of BeerSmith is already running."  I follow the thread that walks me through the process of renaming my "Documents/BeerSmith2" Directory.  Using these steps, I've been able to copy or import my original recipes and equipment profile but not my previous inventory. 

Does anyone know where I can find the file that contains my "Inventory".  I appreciate the help.

Is there an actual Beersmith 2.2?
I notice an icon to download Beersmith 2, but when I click onto the link indicatding Beersmith 2.2 I no longer see 2.2. Only 2.
I guess what I'm asking is, what is the latest version? And, if it's 2.2, how do I download it?

Latest version is 2.2.12, as of this posting.

When you download BeerSmith from the website, this is the version you'll receive.

If you think you need an update, open BeerSmith, click the "Help" tab and then "Updates."

You'll either get the update, or a window telling you that you're already using the latest version.

Also in the Help tab, you can see which version you're using by clicking "About."

I had BeerSmith 2 running for the past year or so on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and have upgraded to 17.10.  Now BeerSmith 2 won't start.  Does anyone have any idea why this would be?  Is a newer version of BeerSmith required?

Hello, I'm using BeerSmith 2 for a few years, but I had to format my PC and lost my software license. Is there any way to retrieve the license?

Thanks

Back