• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hand pull set up

S

Shakey_Dog

Has anyone seen, or have a hand pull set up at home? I have done some looking and cannot find a set up for home.

I think it would be really cool to do this   8)

Don

That would be the bomb-diggity. I love hand-pulled ales. Like you've probably done, I've hunted out beer engine setups on eBay and the like, only to be thwarted by the exhorbitantly high prices, and the likelihood that all the necessary pieces and parts aren't there. I'd love to build one myself, but I don't know where to start. Apparently, however, Dan Listermann (the guy behind all the "Phil" brand homebrew products) is developing or has developed his own version of a beer machine. I'd love to get my hands on one of these, once I'm in a more permanent living situation :)

Hi Guys!

Never heard of it, can't find info on it, and how do it werk!!

Dave

subliminal message:  colin...the pics are in the works.   ::)

I did not know that Listerman did that.  I did some searches and could no find anyting.  

Where did you see or read it?

Don

That would be the bomb-diggity :D

I saw this a bit ago.

Put your beer into a corny keg, lay it down on it's side with the "gas in" down,  Raise the bottom several inches.
Reverse the in and out's,  Put the CO2 on the beer out line (1 psi, just to cover the beer) and put a picnic tap on the Gas in.

This must be used with the tap lower than the keg because gravity will dispense the beer.

If you let air cover the beer you better drink it within a couple of days.

I'll keep an eye out for the source and post it if I see it.

Fred

Jan BYO tells how to build your own engine. How's that for timing?

Perfect :D

I have not seen it yet.  I will be on the look out.  Thanks!

Don

Back