• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Syncing Between Computers

Conley

Apprentice
Reaction score
I used to have Beersmith synced between my laptop and home computer, so i did the same with beersmith2. Though My laptop does not have my recipes, i changed both the laptop and home computers directory to be in the shared folder, and still nothing. Is there a location that the recipe's are getting saved on my comuter that i may not be syncing between my two computers? I also activated beersmith on both computers already, please help.

Hey Conley,

When you say you put the directory into the shared file are you talking about the actual beersmith program files?

Open BeerSmith 2.0 and try going to File-Change Documents Directory. This is the directory that will save your recipes, inventory etc. I think that if you have these files on a shared drive you should be able to sync.

Ya i changed that directory to be placed into a new folder i created inside of the beersmit 2 folder, that is in the shared folder, and im still nto getting it to work correctly, it did share the install and beersmith 2,  just didnt share that it was activated or the recipes

I have the program files loaded onto the hard drive of my work computer, and just changed the documents file to dropbox. It all seems to be working correctly on this computer. I will have to try it on the home computer when I get home tonight....

Activation and recipes showing up fine for me.

ok i got it to work i tihnk, at least my recipes have shown up, ill make a change and see if it works still, dont know what the exact prblm was though

Back