• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Probably a Dumb question

dogma46an2

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
But I was wondering If I add two different yeast to the recipe is it going to change anything via in the program ? I am going to do a 10 gal batch split it and use two different yeast . Also what was the way again that if there wasn't something in the ingredients list like Beech wood smoked malt. to add it other than the slow manual way? I thought with the new program there was a trick to click something and find it on the net and plug it in .. i could be wrong .

Hey Dogma,

Firstly with the yeast's, I am finding no problems putting multiple yeast's in a recipe. The reason I have been doing it is I am loading all of Brewing Classic Styles into Beersmith so I am putting all off the different yeasts Jamil lists into the recipe, and when it comes time to brew, I just delete the ones I will not be using.

Now with adding extra grain profiles, click on the Help tab, then select "add ons", then click "add", hopefully the grain you want will be in one of the profiles listed otherwise you will probably have to do it the old fashioned way.

Hi,
  Adding two yeasts will obviously affect the starter calculations (if using it), and may slightly alter the Final Gravity estimate as it is based on yeast attenuation.

There is an "Add-ons" feature which allows you to install a lot of additional ingredient packs and also new recipe packs (we're adding more shortly).  If you are online all you need to do is click on the "Add-ons" button and then "Add" to select new packs to add.

Cheers,
Brad

Back