• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cannot Import Mash Profiles from previous version...

wottaguy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi Brad....I'm liking the new version a lot but have noticed that my custom mash profiles from the previous version were not imported into the new version mash profiles area. They are viewable in any recipes that were imported, but they can not be saved into the ver2 mash profile listing as there is no current method to do so. I have quite a few custom mash profiles that I use and I cringe at the thought of having to re-enter them again. Perhaps adding a "save profile" method and button on the Edit Mash Profile form would be handy?

Thanks and nice work!

-rs

Hi
  I have that on my "to do" list and intend to add such a button soon.

However there is a simple solution - go to BeerSmith 1.4, go to your mash profiles view, and then export them using the Export command on the File menu.  Save them as a BSM file.

Now in BeerSmith 2, just open that BSM file and then copy/paste the profiles you want to keep into your BeerSmith 2 mash profiles.

Cheers,
Brad

Back