• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewsheets output

bonjour

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
One of BeerSmith's best features is the step by step brewsheet.  
Two suggestions to make this even better.

1.  A text output for a brewsheet (easier to send and read via email) to allow simple sending to someone you are helping.  

2. For an extract brew with steeped grains,  Possibly selected via a checkbox add the steps for steeping grain (for an extract only brewer to step up).  Since there are many ways call it a "Basic Steep",  possibly as a "mash" profile.

sorry a third,
3. For a Partial Mash, add a Mash Profile titled "Basic Partial Mash" with the simplest of masf profiles.  This could be automatically added as a mash profile.  Again targeting someone moving up.

Because anything with grains is frequently considered "the dark side" we should make it as easy as possible for someone to move into.

Fred Bonjour

Fred,
 Thanks for the great ideas - I will certainly look into each of them.

Cheers!
Brad

This was a suggestion I was going to make as well, but it seems that my situation is unique and may not be worth it, but I thought I would mention it anyway. I can't seem to see a way to save the detailed brewsheet as it is, I only see a preview brewsheet and it only shows the ability to print and save as a document. I do not have a printer because I print documents here at home so infrequently it doesn't justify the cost. I would love the ability to save at a word document, or even a .txt file that I could email to myself at work and print it on my printer at work. I know most people probably have a printer at home and this isn't an issue, but people could share their brewsheets as well I guess. Or am I missing something and I would already be able to do this. I have not been able to find anything in the options window.

Thanks, Jason.

Nevermind, I don't know why I never tried this before I have been trying to figure out a way to do this for a long time and wouldn't you know it, right after I finally post something about it I figure it out, figures huh?. But I can save it as an HTML file by clicking the "custom or webpage" button when I right click the recipe and select Export. I can then post it to my webpage or directly send the HTML file via email and print it from work that way.

Thanks.

Jason,
  Here's another workaround if you just want part of a report...go to the main recipe database display and select the recipe you want to work with (don't open it, just select it).  Next go to the toolbar and select the "Brewsheet" format from the dropdown on the main toolbar.  This should display your recipe brewsheet in the preview pane below the list of recipes.

Finally, right click on the "Brewsheet" preview pane and you can actually select text and copy it into another program such as word or an HTML editor.

Its a bit of a workaround, but it should allow you to pretty easiliy save off any brewsheet you want. 

Exporting also works just fine - it depends on whether you just want part of the report or the whole thing.

Cheers!
Brad

Back