• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Boil off

denny

Brewer
Reaction score
I only see boil off amounts entered in % instead of gal./hr.  To me, this doesn't make sense since i don't boil off twice as much when my batch size doubles.  Is there some way to enter boil off as gal./hr. that I'm missing?

denny,

A new release of BeerSmith2 has just been made available here in the last hour or so. The new release includes a fix to your problem.

If by some chance you have the new version, play around and explore it for a few minutes and you'll see it works perfectly. To do this I suggest copying and renaming some of the recipes and equipment profiles under new names that include the prefix 'Play...' This allows you to explore the program without mucking up the samples.

If you still have a problem then a bit more info might be needed to answer your question. For example, which tab/profile are you looking at?

Cheers,
Pat

there is a link to the release notes in that post which is pretty insightful to the changes.

Thanks so much, guys.  I'll grab the new version.

Back