• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Data Conversion - Please Respond

dongordon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wanted to check in to see if you have plans to fix the data conversion problems I asked about back on June 12; never got an answer back from you.  There is a lot of data from the hops, grains, misc etc that were not transferred in the data conversion between 1.4 and 2.0.  It will be a huge effort to reenter all this info.  Is there a method to do this or do I need to enter it all again?

Thanks for the info !!!

I am pretty sure Brad advised to export it from 1.4 and import it into 2.0 manually.  That is what I did.  I did not check everything but my sample checks looked like everything was there for the grains I created on 1.4.

Hi,
  Sorry if I missed your original post.  You can export your existing data from BeerSmith 1.4 and import it into BeerSmith 2 in BSM format.  There is a tutorial on doing this on the videos page.

I recommend once you have the BSM file open, just copy/paste the items you need into your new BeerSmith 2 ingredient table.

Brad

Back