• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerXML export file screwed up

papat06

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

when exporting in BeerXML format, there is duplication of information in XML file which make trouble in my postprocessing tools.

e.g. (very simplified view ok XML tree)
RECIPES
.RECIPE
..HOPS
..FERMENTABLES
..MISCS
..YEASTS
..STYLE
..EQUIPMENT
..MASH
..HOPS <-- unwanted as already described above
..EQUIPMENT <-- unwanted as already described above
..MASH <-- unwanted as already described above
..MASH <-- unwanted as already described above

As already mentionned in another thread, the special character coding with ampersand is also making issue for me.

I'm still using the trial version (build 40), but I hope to place my order soon.

Regards,
Patrick

As promised, and also because it is obvious if you request bug correction, I make my contribution by purchasing this fantastic tool.

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick
  Thanks - I apologize for this - we did run the program through a few other programs to test the XML imports and somehow they never stopped on this - I'm not sure why it is duplicating some of the tables but I've put this high on my list to fix for the next release!

Brad

Not sure if this is causing the issue I am having, but I can no longer import a Beer XML file into the iphone App, BrewingAlarm. This used to work in the older version of BeerSmith.

Hi,
  Its probably the problem above - which I have not yet had time to narrow down.  However this is high on my list and will be fixed in the next release.

Brad

papat06 said:
Hello,

when exporting in BeerXML format, there is duplication of information in XML file which make trouble in my postprocessing tools.

I have the same issue in build 40 on Linux platform.

Hi,
  If you download BeerSmith beta build 42 - I believe the export issue has been corrected.  Its available here:
    http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,5649.0.html

I'm going to include it in a formal release near the end of September.

Brad

Back