• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Question about calendae

JPor

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi --

I am new to BeerSmith, and as I was getting to know the program (which is fabulous) opened many recipes and did many things to them to figure things out.  Apparently, all of the things I did now show up on the calendar as brews I have made -- is there a way to delete or manage entries on the calendar so that I can use it to track brews I really did do?  What's the best way to manage brews on the calendar?  It would be very handy to track batches if I can make it work. 
Thanks --

John

Glad you mentioned this John!  I hadn't looked at the calendar yet, but when I did I agree with your comments.

Click Tools and go into Options.  In the Brewing tab at the bottom select the Hide recipes check box.

Mark

What I really want to do is delete stuff from the calendar.  Anybody know how I can do that?

In Options->Brewing, select Brew Log Only next to Folders To Display.  This will only put recipes you have actually brewed on the calendar.  

Next question...how does the program know I've actually brewed a recipe, as opposed to just formulating one?

There's a date field in the upper right corner of the Recipe Design tab.  If you want to add the recipe to the brew log make sure that recipe is highlighted and press the Copy to Log button.  One warning here...if you make changes to your original recipe the log does not reflect those changes.  You basically have two recipes. 

Mark

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the dumb questions!  I haven't found the copy to log button yet, but I'm looking!

Denny, not dumb questions!  The software is great but there's lots to learn!  It's only dumb someone doesn't know and doesn't ask questions.

To find Copy button:  Make sure recipe list displays.  ESB, Porter, etc.  Select Home tab up top. It's right under the main tool bar (File, Edit, etc). Right below those tabs you'll see a row of buttons.  They go Paste, cut/copy, delete, add recipe, add folder and finally Copy to Log.

Mark

Thanks, everybody - I'll play with this some more and try to make it work.  So far doing the things suggested has eliminated the spurious entries.  Does the program documentation cover calendar issues?  I looked in the Help file and in the online database and could not figure this out on my own -- not a problem as we have found solutions, but it would be great if this had a tag or route via "calendar" searches in the help file so we could figure it out -- Thanks again everybody for your help. 

Great follow up, Denny. Thanks. I was away from my computer until just now and your questions were great. 

John

merfizle said:
Denny, not dumb questions!  The software is great but there's lots to learn!  It's only dumb someone doesn't know and doesn't ask questions.

To find Copy button:  Make sure recipe list displays.  ESB, Porter, etc.  Select Home tab up top. It's right under the main tool bar (File, Edit, etc). Right below those tabs you'll see a row of buttons.  They go Paste, cut/copy, delete, add recipe, add folder and finally Copy to Log.

Mark

DOH!  How did I miss that???  As my wife will be happy to tell you, the more obvious something is, the more likely I won't find it!  Thanks for the help, Mark!

Back