• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help and Support problem

farside

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded the new version of beer smith and love it so far.  However I'm having trouble using the help and support sections from the program I'm getting an error message that says can't launch the default browser with URL'file://C:\Program Files\BeerSmith2\help/getting_started.htm'!
  and
Could not launch the default browser with
url 'http://www.beersmith.com/support' !

What do I need to do to get it going??

Thanks

Hi,
  I'm at a loss for the moment - I'm assuming you have a web browser configured properly for your computer.  The help files are all in HTML so they all launch your default web browser to open either the help file or web site.

They all work here - both on PC and Mac, and I think for most other users as far as I know.  Can you take a look at your default program settings in Windows itself and make sure you have a browser configured as the default (such as internet explorer).

Obviously the web site address for the support page above is valid - you can check it yourself.

Brad

Back