• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brix

BrewerMike

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way to add brix to custom brew reports.  I would like to be able to have a preboil and post boil brix as well as the standard gravity readings also on my sheet as sometimes I check with a refractometer and sometimes with a hydrometer.

High,
  This turns out to be a complicated issue as Brix is not a direct conversion to SG.  The problem is that refractometers are calibrated to work with sugar water (sucrose) and not wort - which is why you need the refractometer tool to convert between the two.  As a result, I'm not sure displaying in Brix would make much sense absent the refractometer corrections used in the Refractometer tool.

Brad

I use a refactometer when I brew and use it take pre boil and post boil gravities and compare that to numbers I have calculated in advance.  I just wanted a number to see if I was close to estimated or not.  I can kind of stumble my way through html, is there a way to build an equation to figure it out using an a varible that would be the estimated calculated o.g.? 

Back