• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Amount of priming sugar

pbianchijr

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi.
There's a minor issue with the amount of priming sugar calculation, since it's calculated based on the 'Est Bottling Volume', instead of the 'Measured Bottling Volume'. It's no big deal, since it's easy to scale down the amount of sugar needed, but it would save some time if this was corrected.

Thanks

Thanks,
  I'm going to add both - as some people like to have the estimate available if they don't actually measure the bottle volume.

Brad

I see was to be address back in 2011, but it is still an issue with 2.1.02 (as far as I can tell it's the latest version).  Is this still on the board to fix? If you only had one (instead of both) it would be fine, but that one should be cued off actual figures instead of an estimated bottling volume. 

Thanks,

Adam

There is a separate carbonation tool which I think is more useful.  The carbonation info on the recipe design page should be deleted, IMO.

Agree it would be better to delete it than leave it as is.  Better yet however would be to actually use the figures that have been entered into the recipe!  You have already entered all the needed information about the current beer to give an accurate amount of priming sugar (amount of beer to be carbonated, fermentation temp) and even could go one step farther than other calculators and use an average attenuation of the yeast used.......

Back