• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Disappearing Scratchpad recipes

pcdiver

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
???  I just modified /finished 2 recipes on the scratchpad.  Upon saving an then exit, I later returned to find NO trace of either?   Really!  I only had ONE homebrewski.   ::)

Thanks.

Hi!
 The scratchpad is a temporary workspace.  If you want to keep anything permanently you need to copy it over to the "My Recipes" directory, or Export it to a file from the scratchpad.

It should have prompted you to save the scratchpad when you closed (assuming you made changes to the items).

I'm not sure exactly what happened in your case - but there are certainly scenarios I can think of (opening an email attachment for example) where you may have saved the changes and then the temporary file was discarded by your mail program when you closed out the email message.

If you did save the scratchpad on close you might be able to locate the file - do a search for all files with a ".bsm" extension.

Cheers!
Brad

As most often occurs, it is probably a user error.  If I don't figure it out, I'll make another contact.

As always, THANKS!

Back