• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Simple but needed Calendar fixes

Conley

Apprentice
Reaction score
Please make the calendar wrap text, for example on sunday it says "Age: Must be the season of the Wit" but the word wit is overlapping Mondays "brew: Stout" word.

And if you get the hair up your butt while fixing that if you could add in someway to right click a date in the calendar view and choose, "add Event" that would be alot easier than going back and forth between notes and calendar.

If the Color for an event could change to shows the events priority level, normal = yellow, low = blue, high = orange, very high = red, you get the point.

other than that great work, but IMO these things are a must to have a decent working calendar. i never used it in beersmith because it was annoying, this looks better, but needs some tweaks.

Thanks,
  I have the calendar rework high on my list - I agree it needs some cleaning up.

Brad

When I bought 1.4 the calendar was the most surprising feature, I really liked it. It became my default view sice I could see at a glance what was fermenting or aging or needed dry hopping and I could simply double cliock to open the recipe.

Version 2 Calendar is awful. I see no reason why the changes were made as there seems to be no added functionality. I would love to see it changed back. The single feature I hoped might be added was being able to drag a recipe/note to a different date.

Thankyou brad for replying so quickly, i am a very busy homebrewer, so the events would be great because i try to keep my assistant brewer and friends up to date with everything going on, every day i am working on something, transfers presentation, teachings etc, so thats why i would enjoy to be able to do this with your program, i think you do an amazing job, not only what you have done, but your attention and love for consistently wanting to better it, i owe you a brew.

and iophon, i did not use the 1.4 calendar because i thought that beersmith was given up on, honestly i was looking to other software and realzing that they were all given up on by the creator, so you must realize how enthusiastic i was to hear about beersmith 2, though i will have to agreee with you that drag and drop would be a needed feature, thankyou for that comment, i realize how much simpler that would be than having to go back to the recipe and then changing the end date so that way when you went back to the calendar after saving that recipe it would reflect correclt. haha, as you can see even typing how to do it is a hassle.

I agree with the previous post about stages of fermentation - the way 1.4 showed the primary, secondary, and aging all in slightly different shades made it easy to see what brew was in what stage.  Now with just the start and stop points visible and all in the same color it's hard to track things.

Drag and drop would be awesome.

Please include the ability to turn off the aging periods.  Thanks!!

As much as I loved BeerSmith 1.4, BeerSmith 2.0 kicks ass!

Back