• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changes not saved until you quit BeerSmith

papat06

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have experienced some crashes with build 39 which have shown that even if you cleanly closed the recipe/hops/grains after edition, you can loose your changes.

Would it be possible to automatically save (on disk) when recipe is closed or maybe add a 'save to disk' button or CTRL+S shortcut ?

Didn't try crash with build 40 I currently use.

It is minor (if crashes are not frequent), but when you do many changes, it is frustrating to loose work. Having to exit/restart Beersmith to ensure your job is saved is boring. So, some automatic of alternate ways will be helpful.

Regards,
Patrick

I also recently experienced a similar problem.  I had Beersmith 2.0.37, open for an entire day (consisting of 3 brew sessions) and lost all my changes made on brew day when I closed the program and received a "Beersmith is not operating correctly" or something similar.  I had assumed this new version of Beersmith was similar to the previous version in that it behaved like a database and automatically saved changes as soon as they are made. 

Is that not the case with the new version (which I absolutely love!)?

Thanks.

Back