• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't activate Beer Smith 2

Jashdon

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I bought BeerSmith online a couple years ago on my desktop computer. I just got a new laptop and wanted to downlaod a copy on it to have close by when brewing. I've been looking forward to updating my recipes in real time instead of taking notes and doing it later. I think the tools in the program will help me solve problems on the fly. So I downloaded the new version BeerSmith 2 on my laptop and when asked to activate I coppied and pasted my activation key from the old email when I first purchased the program. It didn't recognize my key. When I took a closer look I realized that it is asking for a 20 digit activation key, but my old key is a 16 digit key. When I tried to recover my key, hoping that it would somehow solve the problem, it didn't recognize my email address. I still have two email reciepts that were sent to me when I first purchased the software. Can somone please help me with this issue? I will be brewing next week and I would love to be able to have BeerSmith up and running on my laptop. Thanks you.

Hi,
  BeerSmith 2 is a major version release - actually a completely new program rebuilt from the ground up.
It does require a new key.

You can purchase an upgrade at a discount through August 31st 2011 here:

http://www.beersmith.com/blog/upgrade/

Cheers,
Brad

Back