• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

KUDOS -- on steroids !!!

mr_beer

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Congratulations to all those who contributed to the Version 2.xx product.

Awesome hardly describes it.  The User Interface is nothing short of charming -- lots of good thought went into that aspect. 

The Help Menu and Documentation are also well done and clearly written.  Again -- lots of thought and revisions must have been involved. 

I am an 'old technical guy' who has done many projects that changed the nature of business processes and industries.  It is seldom that I have seen a product like this.  The design and knowledge captured in the software will set the standard for years to come related to brewing. 

The BrewWiki is the starting point for a industry remake -- the knowledge captured is truly amazing. 

The team and especially Mr. Smith need to take a well deserved bow. 

A question ....
Where are the recipe files and associated database located?  I would like our nightly backup to reach out and capture that information.  In case of a disaster the software can be reinstalled but the recipes and associated data need to be restored.  Maybe it would be appropriate to add some discussion of this in the FAQ or someplace.

Thank you very much (and a big thanks to the huge test team listed on the About page!).

The recipes and all of your data is actually centralized in the "Documents/BeerSmith2" directory now - which makes backup much easier.

Brad

Back