• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Est Color out of style????

bonjour

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brad,
Check out the new Anchor Steam clone in the December recipes.

The est. color is 8, the style color is 8 - 14 and is bolded indicating not a match.

If the difference is not displayable (which is what I think happened) the tool should not indicate out-of-style.

I have seen this before.

Fred

Fred,
 Obviously there is some rounding going on here...most likely the internal value is something like 7.95 and getting rounded up on the display.

I will take a closer look at it - I should probably be displaying more significant digits on the color in any case.  Thanks for catching this.

Cheers!
Brad

I think you are right on the rounding issue, but I would not add more digits.  Instead I would use a "Round" function on the final calculated value that would match the precision displayed for value, thus making this example (Anchor Steam) display as being in spec.

I do not know of anyone who can detect .05 SRM anyway additional.

When you figure this out I would suggest applying the same algorithm to the other displayed values in this section.

Fred

Thanks!
 I just added this to the "to do" list.  It should not be a major code change.

Cheers!
Brad

Back