• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Modifying Columns in Recipe Ingredients?

pilotdane

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to modify the columns in my recipe ingredients window.  I right click on the headings and a grayed "customize columns" box appears but I cannot modify the columns.  Also with "view" tab selected the "modify cols" button goes gray when in my recipe ingredients window.  Am I missing something?  Is there a reason the columns can not be modified?

What's pi$$ing me off is the "#" column.  Do I need a column to tell me that the top line item is number one and the second is number two.  I would like to add a column to tell me what percentage each ingredient is of the recipe.  For example I would like to know that Biscuit malt is 10% of my grain bill.

There is a button called "Grain Pct" to the right of the ingredient window, at the bottom of the list of "Add" buttons. 

It opens a box that gives the PCTG and weight of each grain. 

The column is there, next to the # column.  The percent and ibu's are in the same column.  Also even if the columns can't be customized at this point, they can be dragged.  If you don't like the # column, just grab it and move it all the way to the right.

Thank you for the prompt replies.  I initially did not quickly understand the %IBU column so I just ignored it.  After Wink pointed it out I feel like an idiot for not looking at it more closely but it is great to have such a useful column combing both bits of info.

I have moved the # column off to the right but it has to be done every time I open BeerSmith and every time I open a new recipe. No, it's not the end of the world.  I also have a similar issue with the display of the recipes under the "recipe" tab where their sorting order always reverts to ascending.  I have my recipes numbered and BeerSmith displays my oldest recipes first every time the program is opened.  Is there a place to change these features so they are memorized?

Back