• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error message whenever I open a recipe

Siamese Moose

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Anytime I open a recipe, I get an error message. If I click OK on the error box it will allow me to continue to the recipe, so I'm fully functional, but it's annoying. The message says:

Assertion failed! - [File.\SPanel.cpp:1820 compiled June 23 2011]

When I click OK a new error comes up:

.\SLib.cpp(822): assert "0" failed in SLib::SAssert().
Call stack:
[00] free
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel} to suppress further warnings.

If I click Cancel the recipe loads. The first error occurs every time I load a recipe. The second error only occurs the first time I load a recipe after starting the program.
I am using Vista, if that matters.

Hi,
  I think I figured this one out - it has to do with having a "Select Field" at the bottom of the recipe dialog that is already on the dialog.  The program should not allow you to do this, but the earlier version had a few fields that were duplicated.

Look over your "select fields" and see if you can find the one that is already on the main recipe design window.  Likely culprits are "version", "Est Boil Gravity" and "Est Mash Efficiency".  If you remove these from your select fields the error will go away.

Brad

Back