• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water/grain ratio?

HikeNC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is there a way in BeerSmith to change the water/grain ratio?

Yes, it's in the mash tab.  You need to double click and open up the mash step and you can adjust it.

Mark

Hey Mark - I followed your instructions as indicated above. However, when I reach this the space is locked without an ability to modify. Do I have another block checked somewhere that prohibits modification?

Also, no matter what I seem to do I cannot change the boil volume from 7.5 gallons. I am trying to put together a 10 gallon (into the fermenter) batch and it continuously shows I only need 2.97 gallons of sparge water. Really confused!

Buzz

merfizle said:
Yes, it's in the mash tab.  You need to double click and open up the mash step and you can adjust it.

Mark

I opened the recipe I created and went under mash step and that field is locked.  Anyway around that?

Are you running build 40 of Beer Smith?

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,4975.0.html

Mark

Mark - I have version 2.0.37. Every time I check for an update it say's I have the latest version. Running in MAC.

Buzz

Hi,
 Unfortunately there was a bug with the update notification in build 37 - so I was unable to force a notification (it caused crashes in some cases which I thought might be a problem for existing users).

So the bottom line - you need to grab build 40 manually from the download page and install it.

Brad

Thanks Brad!

Downloaded, Installed and appears to be working now!

Buzz

I found it last night.  The water to add field changes the ratio.  Duh!

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
 Unfortunately there was a bug with the update notification in build 37 - so I was unable to force a notification (it caused crashes in some cases which I thought might be a problem for existing users).

So the bottom line - you need to grab build 40 manually from the download page and install it.

Brad

How do I save my work if I update from .37? I read somewere that I may loose something from this version during update.
I use mac and im not a pro! Used to have pc, but learning.

scaryeyes said:
BeerSmith said:
Hi,

Brad

How do I save my work if I update from .37? I read somewere that I may loose something from this version during update.
I use mac and im not a pro! Used to have pc, but learning.

Ok. I just downloaded and installed to the same aplications. Nothing lost. All ok and working. Thanks

Back