• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problem with saved data

JPor

Apprentice
Reaction score
This evening, when I came to the computer to record the data from my brew session today, I found that the program did not present with the same data I had entered earlier in the day -- some of the data which I entered both in ingredients (and thus inventory) and to the recipe were no longer there.  I'll reenter the data -- but it is disconcerting that info previously entered is lost.  Anyone else having trouble with this, or is it a random event (or did I do something wrong to cause it?) 

I changed data fields in Ingredients -- Yeast by adding items to the Name field (i.e. changed "Abbey Ale" to "Abbey Ale -- Westmalle" for White Labs WLP530.  This data, and other entries that were similar, did not reappear this evening.)  Also the latest changes to my recipe ingredients which I entered in my recipe (and printed out in my brewsheet) were not saved. 

If I understand it correctly, data is saved in the BeerSmith2 folder in My Documents, and it looks as though the program reverted to an earlier version of my data files that did not have the new info in them. 

Any info you can give is appreciated --

Thanks --

John

John,
  The only think I can think of is that BeerSmith actually saves the data when you close the program - did your computer reboot (possibly through Windows update) or crash before you got a chance to close BeerSmith?

Brad

Back