• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't import my v1.4 recipes

jlemaux

Apprentice
Reaction score
I installed BS v2 on another system and I copied my v1.4 recipes to the new system. However, when I run the import wizard, it will not see these files (yes, I'm looking in the correct directory). If I double click one of the old recipes I get an error "Another copy of Beer Smith is already running...". I've even renamed the old files and added the .bsmx extension.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
John

Don't rename anything, I don't think the 2 programs save the recipes the same that's why the extension is different. I don't know about the import wizard, I haven't used it since installing 2.0, but you should be able to click on "open" near the top left or in the file dropdown. then navigate to the file and open it then copy and paste into 2.0.  If you can't find the file then open 1.4 if you still have it and save the file somewhere you can find it easily like the desktop then try it again.  It works for me running 2.0.40.

Well, that works as far as opening the recipes. However, I can't save them. Even though I can open the recipe, when I close BS I get a prompt asking to save the file. When I click yes, I get an error saying it can't open the file error 5: access denied. Weird.

Thanks,
John

You have to copy them into BS2.  Highlight the one you want to copy or control-A to select all, click on copy in the top left.  Open your BS2 recipe folder then click paste.  When you close BS2 and it asks if you want to save changes to the saved folder tell it no.  Its asking about the opened BS 1.4 folder, you don't need to change it. 

Yes! That worked. Thanks for your help--very much appreciated!

John

Back