• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Infusion water temps

Boogie

Apprentice
Reaction score
I recently just bought a new mashtun (a 10 gal igloo water cooler type).  I've set up the equipment in Beersmith.  I haven't used it yet, but I'm fixing too.

I just had a quick question about the mash process and the infusion water temperatures that Beersmith gives you.  With the old BS and my old crappy mashtun, it seemed that BS's infusion water temps were about 5-7° F lower than what I actually needed.  Probably due to the crappy cooler, and why I got a new one.

Anyway, I was wondering how accurate the infusion water temps will be with my new mashtun?  Does anyone have any experience with the 10 gal Igloo water cooler?  I really hate monkeying with boiling water trying to raise temps.

Make sure you take note of the check box labeled "Adjust Temp for equipment" or something like that.  You'll need that if you don't preheat your mash tun.

Mark

Back